The top 5 quotes from Isaac Marion's The Burning World
- “The day you solve your last problem is the day you die.”
- “When has a despot ever benefitted from bringing people together?” Which made me question if a despot could be more than 1 person cooperating to retain power by splitting people apart or if a system can create rifts so that the power is continuously retained by the elites through dividing of the people below.
- “You don’t know what anyone’s going to do… You dive in and hope for the best.” While using this ellipse allows this quote to be adaptable to any relationship, the missing part allows it to be adapted to any new relationship including the allowing of immigrants into the country. “Any person in any crowd could be a murderer, a rapist, a suicide bomber.”
- “The magic that confounds them is humanity. The naturally occurring, slow acting, unpredictably potent product of conscious minds connecting.”
- “Words are ideas… Every cure to every plague has started with an idea.”
- “When your power is built on ignorance, you don’t want people talking to each other.”
- “…Humanity’s a family you can never lose.”
Read my review of "Warm Bodies"
Read about Isaac Marion and the Warm Bodies movie from his panel at Lilac City Comicon 2017
Read about Isaac Marion and "Warm Bodies" from his panel at Lilac City Comicon 2017
Looking for another zombie book? Try Darren Lamb's "Rebirth: A Zombie Tale"