The 5 most iconic animated Disney scenes
These are the movie scenes that you see over and over again – on advertisements, in stories and in your head. These are Disney’s most iconic animated sequences.
5. Sleeping Beauty Awakens – True love’s first kiss comes with magic. Sleeping Beauty and the rest of the kingdom wake up and the celebrations ensue. This scene is so iconic that it was used as a title for a documentary about the revival of Disney animation. Feminists may blanch at the idea of a man needing to rescue the girl, but Maleficent changed the conversation a bit. And this kiss works just as well as metaphor for any type of new awaken regardless who delivers the kiss to whom.
4. The Headless Horseman’s Head flies through the covered bridge – When Ichabod Crane is chased by the Headless Horseman, he remembers the words of Brom Bones. The power of the Horseman ends at the bridge. After a harrowing chase, Ichabod makes it across the bridge and looks across it with relief. Only to see the flaming pumpkin head of the horseman flying at him. You can’t reason with a headless man. (No one knows what became of Ichabod, but he was never seen in Sleepy Hollow again.)
3. The Great Prince of the Forest standing on the hill – Bambi is arguably Disney’s greatest artistic achievement in animation. It tugs on the heartstrings. The animals are animated realistically (at a time when people said it would never work) and yet anthropomorphized. It has also probably traumatized more children than any other film ever made. When the Great Prince stands on the rock in the forest and looks down on his new son, the film is complete in its beauty and serenity.
2. The Spaghetti Kiss – If you need an explanation, watch Lady and the Tramp.
1. Presentation of Simba – The Lion King
What is your favorite Disney moment? What did we miss? Check out the survey below and let us know.